Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Classic Mystery Short Stories

The formal announcement will be made in July, but I’d like to “clue” you to an exciting (to me) new mystery e-book project. Hornpipe Vintage Publications is developing a series of classic short stories in the genres of mystery, crime, gothic and intrigue. These period works, now in the public domain, were written by authors both famous and obscure. Each story will be available to the public in e-book (PDF) format for online retrieval.

Authors represented in the series will include Ambrose Bierce, Charles Dickens, Amelia B. Edwards, Guy de Maupassant, Bram Stoker, Leo Tolstoi, H.G. Wells and many others. Most of the tales are set in the 19th Century -- the period of my own “Harper Chronicles.” My hope in offering these story selections is twofold. Foremost, I want to introduce new mystery fans to a timeless body of quality reading which they may have overlooked. Second, I want to add to existing e-book libraries in this literary vein for the convenience of dedicated aficionados.

Look for more details shortly at this blog, and keep an eye on my Web site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home